Sunday, 17 March 2013

Data Handling: Choice of Graphs by : Sean Lim :3


Well, I personally think that the line graph is not appropriate...

Line graphs are supposed to represent the changes of a certain variable throughout a period of time, not the 'amount of weather throughout the weathers'. >< haha...

What I am trying to say is that the cause and the effect meaning of the X and the Y axis has been fixed, so if we use the line graph like what is shown above, the meaning changes and therefore this is not suitable. Well, after I looked at other peoples' answers (I kiasu lah><) , I feel that the angles are necessary to tell us the majority of the specific type of weather, so therefore i think that the line graph is the least appropriate.

The other graphs all register the message clearly, stating that the weather throughout the region was sunny, unlike the line graph, which did state that it was sunny, but in the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment